Saturday, August 20, 2011

Random Summer Photos

As our summer is quickly coming to an end, I thought it might be fun to post just a few random photos from our past few weeks. Monday is my first day of the 2011-2012 school year. There is not one part of me that wants that day to come, but I know it is, so when it might be easy to become overwhelmed and saddened, I take a step back and am so thankful I was able to be home with Annie and Lauren for the past 9 months. And hey, it's only teaching part-time, right?


The girls and I at the Lake Forest Day parade. I just LOVE this photo. It captures each one of our personalities so well. Annie, who my friend, Ryan nicknamed The Little Professor because she so intently studies everything. Lauren, such a happy, go lucky little girl. She wakes up in the morning and asks, "Where are we going today, Mommy?" And me, completely content and thrilled to spend time with my little girls.

We went to this parade and the carnival in the park afterward with my teaching partner, Diana and her two children, Logan and Cora. Our playdates are so enjoyable. The kids get along so well and are really starting to interact and play together more and more.



Annie enjoying one of her first swing rides. When we were on vacation in Minocqua there were many swings at The Lighthouse Resort. I figured, Annie doesn't sit up very long on her own yet, but I bet she would love a gentle ride on the swing. Yes, swinging is a hit! Now when we go to the park, Annie doesn't sit just in the stroller anymore. Swinging is her new hobby!



Snack time in the cabin at The Lighthouse Resort. This photo captures the different stages of the two girls, and their love for one another as well. Lauren didn't want Annie to feel left out having her bottle alone on the floor, so she grabbed her bowl and laid down on her tummy right near her. Annie and Lauren love each other so much and interact more and more each day. Lauren is very helpful with Annie and uses such a sweet voice when talking to her. Annie continues to light up and laugh each time she sees Lauren.



A HUGE congrats to Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Jon for running in the Rock N Roll Chicago Half Marathon. The Hanson family was so excited and proud to cheer them on last Sunday morning! Can you believe they are almost to mile 10 and are smiling? I would be dying at that point.

3 comments:

  1. Love Annie's smile in the swing!! Thanks for including us in the post! :) I can't believe that was just last weekend- it feels like forever ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great summer! How sad that you have to go back though :( That 9 months seems to have flown by. I hope your first day back went well! I'm sure all of the kids are excited to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture is just beautiful! It's the perfect "summer" picture! Have a great first week at school next week!!

    ReplyDelete