Traditional first day of school photo.
This is the beginning of my 9th year teaching, Lauren's third school year at Mariah's and Annie's first school year (and only 4th day ever) at Mariah's.
Well we survived our first week of the 2011-2012 school year and I would have to say the girls handled everything better than I did! In fact, Lauren even asked me if I could go to work today too (I don't work Fridays, thanks to my wonderful job-share situation) Guess that means they are very comfortable with our daycare provider and the other children there. That makes everything so much easier for me. However, I very reluctantly returned to work Monday morning. The past 9 months and especially the summer months have been so wonderful. The week at school turned out better than I had anticipated, but I must say today was by far the best day this week! Amazing how much more I treasure my days home when they are a bit more limited now. Lauren and I went to the Botanic Gardens this morning and then the whole family went to the pool before enjoying a wonderful pizza dinner. I was even able to get all the laundry done and clean 1/2 of the house. What a perfect day!
Annie and Lauren on Mariah's doorstep. Lauren was very eager to get inside, but I asked her to show me her backpack. She still has her Elmo one and loves it. She happily carries Annie's bottles in it and can even put it on her back and take it off herself now. Both girls had two successful days at Mariah's house this week. Then, they were fortunate enough to have Aunt Stephanie come and stay with them the other two days. We are very blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives to be with our girls when we aren't able to.
Love the first day of school outfit!!!
ReplyDelete