Monday, February 21, 2011

Hanging out with Mammie and Papa

A few weeks ago my mom had surgery and Geoff was out of town for about 3 weeks, so the girls and I headed back to Michigan and invaded my parent's house! Even though our trip was filled with a blizzard, trip to urgent care for Lauren's double ear infection, and a case of the flu for me, we tried to help my parents as much as possible. I know they helped me as much as we helped them. The four members of the Hanson family are back together now, but I wouldn't be surprised if the girls and I invaded Mammie and Papa's house again once Geoff leaves for a few weeks in March.


Annie sporting her beautiful purple sweater and hat made by Great Gram.



Helping Papa shovel after the Blizzard of 2011.



A photo of the snowman family Lauren and Papa made. The Daddy snowman ended up doing a complete backbend before finally touching the ground about a week and a half later.



Aunt Stephanie was really excited to take Lauren to Robinette's for a Valentine's Day treat. Looks like it was a success!



Papa, Lauren, Annie and I tried to get out of the house for a bit on a Sunday afternoon so Mammie could rest. Lauren said driving Papa in the car was her favorite part of visiting The Grand Rapids Children's Museum.


Having a tea party with Mr. Mouse. Lauren just LOVES playing in her kitchen at Mammie and Papa's house.

3 comments:

  1. I love the snowmen family! It looks like they used buckets? I love that idea. It makes them look really cute :) And seeing Lauren down in the basement playing brings back such great memories I have of playing on the weekends and during the summer when we were little. It's so neat to see the next generation down there :) Hopefully your mom is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the donut picture! Maybe we should make it a tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Annie had be fooled for a doll! Love the snow family that Lauren and Uncle Paul made! I am so excited to take the train down in a few weeks to visit!!

    ReplyDelete