On a positive note, Lauren still loves being Annie's big sister. She loves talking to her, giving Annie her pacifier, rocking her car seat to help her stop crying, and singing to Annie. In the photo below Annie was having tummy time and Lauren decided she should have some too.
Lauren uses a really high pitched voice when she talks to Annie. I guess this is how Geoff and I sound to Lauren when we talk to Annie and she is mimicking us. It really is pretty cute!
Annie loves her tummy time much more than Lauren did. She is awake much more now, so we get to see her beautiful dark, wide eyes even more often. Annie's fussy time is between 7-10 pm. That's ok though because Lauren goes to bed around 8 so that is the best time for us to give Annie undivided attention anyway. Annie loves her swaddle at night so we thought we would try to put her in in during these hours too. It worked! She is still a bit fussy, but pretty much just hangs out with us on the couch in her swaddle. Another difference from Lauren. Lauren really did not like her swaddle. In fact she would squirm and wiggle until she got out of it!
Annie is becoming a fantastic sleeper! She has pretty much stopped waking up for her middle of the night feeding. She used to eat every 4 hours, including 2am, but she has now started sleeping from around 11pm until around 5am. Throughout the day she now eats every 4 to 5 hours. We have a really great schedule working for us right now! Now if I can just figure out how to get Lauren to listen to me again, we will be all set! :)
Great video!! You guys look like you're doing awesome!! The girls are so cute! Someday we'll have to have a glass of wine and wonder how we ever got through the 2's. :) xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI wish I could be swaddle each night, too! I love how Lauren tells Annie "Bless You" when she sneezes!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to show Aaron the video tonight of Lauren talking to Annie :) It is just the cutest thing how she talks to her! I had so much fun with you guys this weekend...miss you already!
ReplyDelete