Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cooking Class

Last Friday started with Lauren insisting upon wearing this hat and scarf around all day. She wore them at breakfast and kept them on when we went to lunch with my friend, Gus. Although, I think they both did eventually come off after we were inside for a bit and Lauren became warm.



After a wonderful lunch in Skokie, we headed down to Chicago to hang out with Aunt Stephanie and then go to cooking class. Lauren was so excited to go to Aunt Stephanie's house and see Chicago. As we were driving down on the expressway and Lauren noticed all the skyscrapers she gasped and said, CHICAGO! She was also very interested in the trains that were running on both sides of the expressway.

We went to cooking class at The Kids Table on North Ave. I would highly recommend this location! What a great time we had. Lauren started by mixing whole wheat biscuits.



Next came chopping time. They had these perfect little choppers for little hands which were not sharp enough to cut fingers, but chopped onions, garlic, and fruit just fine.



Enjoying our meal of biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, and fruit salad. I was so excited because Lauren ate strawberries and grapes and said, "I like grapes, I like strawberries." She is really starting to enjoy more fruit.


A photo of both of us at the end of the class. Not only did we mix, chop, and eat, but we cleaned up afterward too. Lauren is currently very interested in washing dishes so this may have been her favorite part. They sinks the perfect size for Lauren and even little sponges for her to use. She also loved going over to the sinks throughout the class just to wash her hands. At least the germs were contained! What a wonderful evening we had together! A huge thanks to Aunt Stephanie for watching Annie. We will be sure to go to more classes at The Kids Table in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for Lauren to make me breakfast in bed! I'll watch Annie anytime!!

    ReplyDelete