Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Weekend of Family Fun


Geoff, Lauren and I had so much fun together as a family this past weekend! We spent our Friday evening wandering around the mall, purchasing Lauren a fancy dress-up coat for the upcoming holidays, and eating at a new restaurant. We tried letting Lauren sit in a booster seat instead of a high chair and quickly found out she is a bit too mobile and into discovering new things for this.

Saturday morning was full of adventure as well. Lauren and I baked cookies for the first time. We made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for our church bake sale this morning.






Daddy and Lauren reading the paper together.


Then we went to music and gym class at Sprouts as a family. Lauren sure knows her way around there now! She should though, as we've been going since she was 4 months old. While Lauren was napping, Geoff and I watched the Michigan game which had a terrific ending! Then Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Jon came over to spend the evening with us.


The whole family was up early Sunday morning. Thank you end of Daylight Savings Time which toddlers on a sleep schedule don't quite understand! To Lauren's credit though, I woke up completely on my own at 4:45. Oh well! Geoff made a wonderful breakfast for us, while Lauren and I created ducks and numbers using Playdough. Then while I was at church and the craft show, Lauren and Geoff worked outside raking leaves. They were so cute out in the yard together!










All of this family fun could not have come at a better time. Lauren and Mommy had a bit of a difficult week, as Lauren is starting to exert her independence. She had her first two time outs at Mariah's house. One for not helping clean up the toys and the other for deciding to sit on top of the coffee table. Lauren and I had many struggles throughout the week as well with potty training and following directions. These past few days together were all we needed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - that little "Ta-da" at the end of the first video is adorable! She's getting so big!! And, yes, independence is certainly a lesson of letting go, isn't it? Sigh...at least I can drink wine :) Don't worry, after baby girl is born, that next glass of wine will taste soooo goooodddd.... xoxo to you all!!

    ReplyDelete