Now that I am back at work, I really want to make the most of my time with Lauren. So one evening I spent some time brainstorming ideas of fall activities. I read some parenting books, various blogs, and came up with my own ideas as well. One item I added to our list of fun activities was a nature hike.
Not only was the weather perfect last Wednesday morning, but I had the day off work for doctor's appointments later that day. Lauren and I took the advantage of the extra time together and weather and hiked in a nearby forest preserve called Fort Sheridan. We started in a prairie area with a fantastic view of Lake MIchigan and then walked through the woods.
Lauren loved smelling and picking the flowers in the prairie. She also loved the acorns and colorful leaves in the wooded area. We took turns pushing her stroller and holding hands. I even spotted a grasshopper and was able to show him to Lauren.
Below are a few photos of our artwork using the elements of nature we found.
I think you guys should come on a Bucktown walk!! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the game on Saturday! The Marching Chips will be there, too! :)
ReplyDelete