Last Thursday I had the day off so my Jewish students could celebrate Rosh Hashanah. So Lauren, Aunt Stephie and I headed to the Lincoln Park Zoo. The weather was perfect, high 60's low 70's with just a slight breeze off the lake. Because it was a Thursday, the were not many people around either. These three items combined for the perfect day! The animals were so active and easy for Lauren to spot. We were able to see a sea lion, polar bear, penguins, lions, giraffes, ostriches, different types of bears, gorillas, flamingos, zebras, kangaroos, rhinoceros, deer, and a goat type animal from Africa. I don't think I've ever seen so many animals in such a short period of time. Just perfect for an almost two year old!

Here's a photo of one of the giraffes with an ostrich just relaxing in front.

Chasing the seagulls after our picnic lunch.

As my dad said, the only thing that would have made this photo better was if I was the one being pulled/pushed in the wagon. Trust me, I would have LOVED it!

Amazing how close Lauren was able to get to this gorilla! Oh yes, and thanks to Aunt Stephie's great memory, let me add Lauren's comments. "Monkey night, night Mommy? Where his paci? Blankie, Mommy?" We had to explain to Lauren that monkeys don't need blankies and pacis to go to sleep. I guess we all make connections, huh?

See you next time!
I loved how Lauren was asking if the gorilla had his paci!
ReplyDelete