Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Lauren!



I can't believe our little girl is already two! She has very, very quickly grown into a little person who amazes and makes me laugh each day. The above photo was taken this morning, on her birthday before we went to Mariah's house.

Mariah had a party planned for Lauren today too. When we arrived her whole house was decorated. The kids played pin the nose on Elmo, enjoyed the cookies Lauren and I made last night, and sang Happy Birthday. Mariah even gave Lauren a new baby doll and stroller to go with her. Lauren was so excited she held onto the box and started at the toys the entire drive home. Each time I would turn around to check on her, all I would see was this large pink box covering her head and body. Great work, Mariah!


Elmo was the theme of Lauren's party last Saturday. I ordered a cake in the shape of Elmo's face made out of cupcakes. Not only did it turn out fantastic, but was very, very tasty as well.


Lauren did a wonderful job opening her own presents this year. She was pretty quick too. The most difficult part for her was understanding that she couldn't stop and play with each toy before opening the next one.



After Lauren was done opening all of her presents, she stood up with a huge smile on her face and shouted, "THANK YOU" to everyone at our house and then started clapping. I sure hope my Dad got that one on video tape.



Enjoying her own special birthday cupcake. Her face wasn't nearly as messy this year and she ate the entire cupcake completely on her own.



Last night, in preparation for Lauren's party at Mariah's today, we made Elmo cookies. Aunt Stephie got the supplies with the help of Mammie and her friend and then Lauren and I completed the project. Lauren did a wonderful job of helping me squeeze the frosting to make eyes and noses.


After picking Lauren up from daycare today, we met Geoff at the train station and then took a family walk at the Botanic Gardens. This is because I went on a walk there the morning before I went into labor with Lauren. Lauren and I went back last year on her birthday weekend and this year we were able to go as an entire family. Each year I take a photo of Lauren on this grassy patch because this is where I had a picnic the day before Lauren was born.

What a wonderful birthday celebration Lauren had. Thanks to everyone for making the past week so special for the entire Hanson family!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lauren! Love the cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lauren! Amazing how fast it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren
    It was the funnest 2yr old birthday party I have ever been too. Loved the Mac & Cheese and Green Bean menu!!!

    Love
    Mammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy b-day Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete