Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Weekend with Grandpa and Grandma Hanson



Grandma and Grandpa Hanson came to visit last weekend. Lauren was so lucky to have them spend time with her Friday night and Geoff and I were lucky enough to get a date night in! We had a fantastic dinner of lobster and even saw a movie. I know Lauren had a blast playing at home with Grandma and Grandpa.

On Saturday morning we went to the pool. It was a bit overcast, so not crowded at all. It was perfect for Lauren swim around, explore the splash park, and go down the slide. For me it was wonderful to have three other adults to help lift and play with Lauren. I actually had some time to relax at the pool!







Lauren loved playing on the slide with Grandpa and Daddy. She loved splashing and swimming around with Grandma too.

On another note, school started again this week! Overall the week could not have gone any better. Much better than last year when Lauren came down with a fever, causing me to miss some of the first days and Grandpa Hanson to travel back over here to be with Lauren because Geoff was traveling on business.

Lauren's transition back to Mariah's house each day has been seamless. I give Mariah all the credit for that. She makes her house so fun and inviting that Lauren can't wait to get dropped off each day. In fact, there were even two days when I was ready to pick Lauren up and she still wanted to stay and play. As a parent, that makes having my daughter in daycare so much easier.

Lauren has also started potty training this week. We have lots of Elmo stickers for her to put on her chart after she goes on the potty. Those stickers make all the difference! So far she is learning pretty quickly and going potty is still fun. Another credit to Mariah for that one!

1 comment:

  1. I want an Elmo sticker when I go!!! :) Way to go Lauren!

    ReplyDelete