Thursday, August 19, 2010

More Michigan Fun

Lauren and I were fortunate enough to spend all last week at Mammie and Papa's house in Michigan. There are always so many people to see and fun adventures to be had. Here are a few of our activities from last week.



No, this wasn't from last week, but from almost two years ago when Geoff and I brought Lauren up to CMU (where I went to undergrad) for the first time.


Here's a photo of Lauren and I at the seal last week. At least this time she kept her eyes open.


Lauren and I went up to CMU with my good friend Sara, who I met up there while going to college, and her three daughters. This was the best photo we could get of the four of them at the seal. Guess they are curious little ones.


One evening we went to the Kent County Youth Fair, where I used to exhibit my arts and crafts and put on clowning and puppet show performances in my younger years. Lauren loved looking at all the animals even though she kept her hand over her nose in the barns. Then Papa wanted to take her on a horsie ride. I really didn't think she would go, but Papa was right, she was excited and really enjoyed it, as long as Papa was next to her!



Lauren's Great Gram and Papa Bruce came over for a visit one day. It was so nice of them and great for Lauren to spend some time with them. We usually only see them at holidays when it's so crazy with lots of people, so nice to have a "down" day together. While eating lunch at a restaurant Lauren did get an entire glass of freezing cold ice water dumped on her head by the waitress. After a few screams and lots of crying, Lauren handled it better than most of the adults. :)




Mammie purchased this fantastic kitchen and two tubs of toys to go with it before we came for our visit. Lauren LOVED this kitchen and I bet is still having dreams about playing with it.



Lauren turned into one dedicated little chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment