Sunday, August 22, 2010

Last Week of Summer Vacation

Well, it's back to school for me tomorrow and back to daycare for Lauren. Geoff even has a new train schedule that leaves earlier and gets home later that begins tomorrow. I guess it's a big day in the Hanson Household! We sure did have a wonderful summer and really made sure to enjoy this last week without schedules together.

Monday started with a visit to a toddler splash pool. Of course, I didn't discover this pool until Monday, but sure wish we spent more time there throughout the summer. The size was perfect for Lauren and there was even a little frog water slide for her. We will for sure be back next summer. Geoff was able to get home a bit early Monday so he took Lauren for a bike ride while I prepared dinner. What a marvelous Monday!

Tuesday was another terrific day! Lauren went to Mariah's house in the morning while I took care of some needed appointments before returning to work. Once I picked Lauren up from Mariah's Nest I told her we had a special surprise planned. Lauren and I were headed downtown to spend the evening and night with Daddy at the Palmer House Hilton hotel. Geoff was in Chicago all last week working on a new project and needed to spend the night Tuesday for work purposes, so Lauren and I joined him.


After we checked into the hotel and met Geoff, we walked over to Millennium Park to enjoy some family time.




Lauren was in love with the fountain, but looks like Geoff got dizzy pretty quickly.




After spending some time in the fountain, we found a nature hour filled with music, plant discoveries, and stories. Lauren was intrigued with the magnifying glass, but didn't quite understand how to use it to investigate the plants further.




After a wonderful morning in the city filled with shopping, music, and even more children's activities at Millennium Park, Lauren and I headed home for lunch and naps. Our town had a Bloody Mary Fest at the local Farmer's Market Wednesday night. The best part was each booth was willing to give me virgin drinks free! There were at least 20 bars and restaurants there sampling beverages. What an exciting event for our town.




Our farmer's market is closer to an evening dinner market than a typical morning farmer's market and so we spend many Wednesday evenings there in the summer. Lauren decided she wanted to try corn on the cob and simply took it off my plate and enjoyed a few bites. After she realized how delicious this corn was, she was very reluctant to put it down. I think Geoff and I shared just a few bites and Lauren ate the rest!




Just before leaving the market for the evening, Lauren and I were comparing the size of our feet. That was quite an ab workout for me, but Lauren just kept giggling and love it, so of course I complied!


2010-2011 school year, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment