Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Preparing for Baby Newt





We have been very busy the past few months getting ready for our new addition. In June we purchased our family car. Check out the picture of Geoff and I with the Corolla in front and the new Pacifica behind us. It was a sad day for me, as I really loved that little blue zippy car. I do really enjoy driving the new Pacifica around though. Geoff will have to put the car seat in there soon.

Last week I was able to find daycare for Newt as well. My friend Jillian decided to move to be closer to her family, so I took her daughter's spot at the daycare. I am very sad that I won't be working with Jillian anymore, but thrilled to have such a wonderful woman named Mariah ready to watch Newt. I will probably start taking him/her there in January when I return to work.

I have also been working very hard on the nursery. We decided to paint seven different colored stripes on one wall and then leave the other walls the light tan color they already are. I started by coloring different stripes in order to figure out the width and color order. That's the picture of the white pieces of paper taped across the wall. Then, I took the quilt ( just like on the commercials) to Home Depot and asked them to match seven different colors. They were very helpful and an hour later, I was leaving with seven little quarts of paint. I have been painting one stripe a day. This way the paint has time to dry between colors and I don't get too tired. I hope to finish by this weekend. Here are a few pictures of the progress so far. The skinny stripe on the left will be brown (that's today's job) and the larger area in the middle will be red.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the stripes!!! I'm sure Newt will love all of the colors!

    Thank you for updating the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cute little room this is going to be. I love it!! Excellent job Mommy!!!!

    Thanks for updating the blog too. I love the picture of the vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks so great! I love all the colors :) Thank you for the updates! I love seeing the progress.

    P.S. You look so great! Just the perfect little basketball in your tummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jillian left?! Oh my goodness! I didn't see that coming!!!! Marlene must be beside herself w/ 4 new math teachers in the dept! Oh dear!
    I LOVE your idea for your nursery. That is going to look so great. I can't wait to see pics when it's all done. You look great too! I hope your shower today is fabulous! Wish I could be there. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady! How was your shower? My email is KateL1204@aol.com

    ReplyDelete