Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pillow Fights, Potato Heads, and a First Haircut

 
Geoff and the girls have found a new way to "calm" down before bedtime.  PILLOW FIGHTS!  It all started when I purchased some pillows for Lauren's new wicker reading bench in her room.  I was really just trying to make a more comfy place for reading, but hey if these pillows are working for other entertainment as well, I'll take it!
Annie has been so interested in Mr. Potato Head recently.  She has difficulty putting the pieces in the "correct" places, but that makes her creations very funny.  Amazing how this has really helped her vocabulary increase as well.


One evening last week I was making dinner and Lauren wandered into the kitchen and said,  "Look what I just made!"  This little guy made me laugh so much.  I guess she is enjoying Annie's Potato Head obsession as well.
I always said I wasn't going to take my girls to the little kid haircut places.  I figured they would be fine at a regular hair salon.  Well, I was really at a loss with Annie's hair.  I talked with my mom and a few friends about it and they recommended taking her to a place like this just to help with the little girl haircut.  So I broke down yesterday and brought Annie for her first haircut.  Notice she is holding her baby while sitting in the police car?  Babies go everywhere with us now.  


She did a great job sitting still the entire time and loved getting sprayed with the water.  The fact that Toy Story was on the TV with Mr. Potato Head might have helped as well!

1 comment:

  1. Annie got her first haircut! I love that she brought her baby with her.

    ReplyDelete