About a week ago Geoff and I enjoyed a wonderful evening relaxing at Ravinia while listening to Gavin DeGraw and Colbie Callat. When we were eating dinner I explained to Geoff that I am really starting to get anxious about this new little bundle coming sooner rather than later.
Well, those anxieties didn't go away at all last week, in fact they only become stronger. While talking with my mom and a few friends, I seriously stated that I am not ready for this baby any time before September (Aug 9th is my due date). I guess I feel like the girls and I are in a great place right now and have a really great daily schedule going. All of this will change immediately with the addition of this little one.
At the same time, we are not ready for a new baby. Until this morning we didn't have a car seat and we still don't have a crib for this baby to sleep in. Last Friday I woke up a 5 in the morning freaking out about everything that should be done before the baby is born. Thank goodness for my friend, Laura who had the latest version of the Baby Bargains book and helped me with some car seat questions early in the morning. I was able to calm down after I determined the best car seat for us and feel even better now after we made a family trip to Babies R Us to pick up a car seat.
Then, as I was looking through some old photos I found these pictures of Lauren and Annie when they were just days old. Who could resist such adorable little faces? With all that being said, I am really looking forward to finding out if Lauren and Annie will have a little brother or sister. And cuddling with a tiny baby is one of the best feelings in the world. Ready or not, we will have a lovely addition to our family within the next month and we can't wait to meet this new little Hanson.
![]() |
| Newborn Lauren |
![]() |
| Newborn Annie |
![]() |
| 4 and a half weeks left... |



Well, I can't wait!!!! You will be ready when it's time...I know you. :) I'm sure it's overwhelming right now, but exciting too! Love you!
ReplyDeleteKate,
ReplyDeleteI read your post and I am sure that everyone feels the same way at this point. I am sure it is a bit overwhelming when you are in the thick of it but take a moment to think about the only thing a baby needs. You. You are such a great mom, Geoff is a great dad, and the girls will be such great big sisters. Thats all you need! I know you have seen this before, but if you dont have the crib yet consider the fisher price rock and play sleeper. It was a a total godsend to us and I am sure it will be for you. Best of luck and if you ever want to chat or vent or cry please call. I am here for you!
First, I just want to say you look awesome sister! I hope I look that good with only 4.5 weeks left :) And you are very welcome for the Baby Bargains help. Honestly, please let me know if you need anything else from it. You've been such a huge help with all of my random texts, it's the least I can do.
ReplyDeleteAnd I can only imagine how nervewracking it is at this point. I know I'm nervous and it's only our first. But I know one thing, you are honestly the most amazing mom. I was just telling my mom that if there was one person who I knew that was just so naturally good at this mommy thing, it's you. You are amazing with the girls (and so is Geoff) which has in turn made them such great little kids. They are going to be awesome big sisters :) And we can't wait to meet the new, little Hanson addition.
Kate, I second the rock n play if you don't have a crib yet! It won't work forever, but they are considered safe for sleep. It saved us with Ben's reflux. Also, if you want my copy of Baby Bargains I can send it to you, but I'm sure you're set now. I know you guys will do great with #3! We are so excited for all the new little ones in the family lately!
ReplyDeleteAmanda