Monday, March 7, 2011

Family Bowling

When I was growing up my parents always made it a point to spend some family time together doing something fun on Sundays. Of course this was not my favorite thing to do when I was a teenager, but I do have many fond memories of those special Sundays.

So when my friend and college roommate, Kristy, posted about her family's bowling adventure, I thought what a great thing for us to do on a Sunday afternoon.

A few weeks ago it was really raining, so we loaded the kids into the car, even though the bowling alley is within walking distance and off we went.



Annie was amazed by all the lights and music. Or at least I think she was amazed. Now that I look closer at this photo she seems a bit nervous or like a deer caught in the headlights.


The gentleman at The Alley was great and helped us get set up with bumpers and a ramp for Lauren to roll the ball down. Geoff really did most of the bowling with Lauren. They were a great team.


Watching the ball, wondering with excitement how many pins it will knock down.


Our final scores. I must say I am a bit disappointed with my score seeing as we had bumpers in the gutters. Oh well, we had a great time!

Lauren did really well and stayed focused until about the 5th frame, but then she noticed the video games and all their buttons. Apparently those were more exciting and rewarding than watching her ball roll down the lane. :) She has been talking about bowling quite a bit though since our first adventure and asked me when we can go again. We'll have to make sure to include bowling in our Sunday family activities.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren did really well! Soon enough Annie will be right there next to Lauren in the lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY! Glad I could help in the Hanson Family Sundays!! :) We should all go together, sometime! Is Chicago smoke-free, too? That was my favorite part!! We'll definitly go back, too!!

    ReplyDelete