Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lauren Grace Hanson has arrived!

At 8:18am on Sunday, September 21, 2008, Lauren Grace Hanson became the newest member of the Hanson family. She weighed in at 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. Geoff and I are both very surprised with the amount of dark, blonde hair she has.

I spent many hours on Saturday updating information on the computer and working around the house. Then Jillian, London and I went to the Botanic Gardens to enjoy the beautiful day and catch up. When I arrived home, Geoff had just returned from his Daddy Boot Camp. As I was watching the Cubs clinch a place in the play-offs, Lisa called. I was standing in the kitchen talking with her and thought, "Did my water just break?" I wasn't quite sure though so I waited about another hour, timing my contractions and watching the rest of the Cubs game. We left for the hospital around 5:30. When we arrived they ran many tests to make sure I was really in labor. I was, so they admitted me and began the process. I received my epidoral around 8:30 and everything went pretty smoothly for quite a few hours. My parents arrived around 12:30 and Steph and Jon made it to the hospital between 2:30-3:30am. Geoff and I continued to rest and then I began pushing at 5:30. I kept pushing for about 2.5 hours and then Dr. Forbes suggested she use foreceps because Lauren wasn't really moving on her own. I signed a waver, a team of doctors arrived and in less than 3 minutes, Lauren Grace arrived.

The hospital staff was amazing. Every nurse and doctor I encountered was patient and very calm while getting me what I needed and answering all of my questions. We had many fun visitors while in the hospital. Grammie Sue and Grandpa Paul, Steph and Jon, Grandma Jane, Jillian and London, Katie and Dhruba, and Susan, Susan, Jen, and Ryan all came to meet Little Lauren and check in with Geoff and me. On Sunday evening we had a wonderful meal of Thai, brie, crackers, beer and wine with my family. All of the food I have been missing for the past nine months. Not only was the food delicious, but it was a really fun party as well.

Geoff, Lauren, and I arrived home around 2pm today. Everything has been going well at home. Lauren has been eating well and other than that, has spent most of her time sleeping. Scarlett is a little interested in Lauren, but not really. I think she is just happy to have people around her again. Geoff's aunt brought over a fabulous dinner which made the evening easier as well.

We just can't thank everyone enough for all that was done for us the past few days. Without such caring people, this experience would not have been nearly as wonderful. Check out some pictures below.









6 comments:

  1. Lauren Grace is pretty much the coolest girl in the world!!! :)

    Glad you guys made it home safely!!

    Give Lauren a kiss for me! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try this again (Sorry if it posts twice)....technical difficulties.

    She is absolutely beautiful you guys! I can't wait to meet her in person :) And I love her coming home outfit! Hope the Hanson clan is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look amazingly happy and perfect. She's incredibly beautiful and LOOK AT THAT HAIR!! Super huge hugs to all three of you and we'll call you once things settle down at home. Great job, Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations!!! Maybe we should hook Lauren and Bradlee up now...we could be in-laws! LOL Hope we'll get to meet her in person soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot....come shopping in Emma's closet!! We have TONS of clothes (like, 4 bins!)...let me know when you're settled and healed and are maybe in the area?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Congrats Kate!! I'm glad everything went so well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete