During the last week of school for the 2007-2008 school year, my colleagues threw me a surprise baby shower. I just love surprises and had NO idea this wonderful luncheon was being planned. Portillo's Italian beef sandwiches, salad, pasta, and chocolate cake was served. I just love those sandwiches, especially throughout the past few months. After we all enjoyed a fabulous lunch, I opened some gifts for Baby Newt. The picture below shows everything really well. I was so excited to open a bathtub, a few hooded towels, little dog squirty bath toys, a little swaddle blanket, and a toy dog. Needless to say, I can't wait to use all of these items very soon.
Since the last day of school Newt and I have been very busy. We had some people over to our place for a little gathering where the picture of me in black was taken. Then my parents came to visit and we went to a White Sox game, as well as to Ravinia to see Kenny Logins.
Newt and I spent the next week back in Michigan making strawberry jam with my mom, watching my third cousin, Sheila, compete in the 2008 Miss Michigan Pagent, and we were even able to squeeze in dinner with Lisa, Brian, Clara, Aaron, Sara, Trevor, Kim, and Nate. On Thursday, Gram, Bruce, Aunt Kath, Uncle Ron, Jess, Molly, and Aunt Mary Kay all came over to spend the day in Rockford and have a cook out at night. This weekend is Laura and Aaron's big wedding day! I can't wait for all of those festivities. As you can see, Newt and I have been thoroughly enjoying summer vacation so far!
Hi Olivia!! Grammie Sue here!!
ReplyDeleteYou look great!! I got the card you sent me yesterday. Thanks so much for your thoughfulness! Looking forward to seeing you this summer when you're up this way. =)
ReplyDelete