Saturday, May 3, 2008

Baby Newt/Olive Keeps Movin'

Today we had our 20 week ultrasound. Again, Baby Newt/Olive was moving all over the place. In fact, not only have I been able to feel the baby moving around so much lately, but Geoff has been able to as well! Geoff decided we should take turns calling the baby Newt, in case he is a boy and Olive, in case she is a girl. So we rotate depending upon the day and the topic of our conversation. Grammie Sue likes to call the baby Olivia Newton Hanson, this way she uses both names at once.

At our ultrasound today everything looked great. Geoff was very adamant about not finding out the sex, so that is one of the first things he told the technician. I agreed though; we will wait until September for this surprise to be revealed. The technician took as many measurements as she could, but Newt/Olive sure was on the move. We were given a few short videos. You can check these out below.


After we had the ultrasound we checked out a local children's museum, had a quick breakfast and then headed to three baby stores to look at cribs and strollers. We haven't made our final decisions on these items yet, but just seeing the actual products in person helps us narrow down our choices. All in all, today was an excellent day! I have been looking forward to this day for so long and it was just as exciting as expected. One of my favorite parts was Geoff trying out the stroller at Baby Gap. He was modeling with the stroller all over the store. It was quite amusing. He says his favorite part was watching Newt/Olive at the ultrasound appointment. Enjoy these pictures from today. On the top Baby Newt/Olive is giving the peace sign and the picture on the bottom is a profile of his/her face. Geoff and I are trying to figure out who he/she looks like.



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the peace sign picture!! Maybe this means you'll have a "chill", easy-going baby :) Maybe if you don't mind me feeling your belly, I could feel the baby moving this weekend...I've never got to feel it before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's becoming so real!!! Using the words stroller and crib in the same sentence as Geoff is awesome!!!! I can't wait to see him in action!

    Seeing the movies was awesome! This little one is going to be so spoiled by Aunt Steph!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly recommend a car seat/stroller combo...Graco makes really good ones...that way the car seat (baby carrier) will fit into the stroller and then into the car really easily...plus you can get an additional car seat base for a second car!

    The other morning Bradlee was kicking SO bad, so I reached behind me and grabbed Tony's hand and put it on my tummy so he would be able to "enjoy" it at 8am as well! :) He kept giggling with every kick...I don't remember Emma being this active!

    Sounds like things are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Newt had fun at the bachelorette party!!!

    ReplyDelete