Sunday, April 21, 2013

Best Surprise EVER!


Just over a week ago, Aunt Stephie surprised the girls and I and came for a weekend visit.  (Geoff was in on the surprise, as his job was to pick Steph up from the airport)  What a wonderful time we had!!!


I was moping around all day because all I wanted to do was take the girls and go to an indoor water park.  Geoff kept telling me it just wasn't going to work out and needless to say, I was quite frustrated!  He had plans to meet some friends later in the evening (or so I thought) and I was glad to have some alone time. I must say though,  I was a bit startled when Geoff arrived home and I heard a ladies' voice with him!  I slowly got up off the couch as Geoff said, "Look who I brought home."  When I realized it was Steph my eyes almost popped out of my head and I ran over to give her the biggest hug ever.  I was soooooo surprised!

After a very late night, or I should say early morning (3am bedtime) we did head to the indoor water park Friday morning and had so much fun!

Hanson Family ready for the adventure

Aunt Stephie hanging out with Caroline

While Annie napped, Aunt Stephie played games and colored with Lauren.


Back at the water park.   Guess they don't call it the lazy river for nothing - riding in the tube put Caroline right to sleep.

Annie, Lauren and Geoff LOVED going down all the slides and splashing at the bottom.  Annie must have gone up and down numerous slides at least 100 times!  Lauren loved being able to have her own tube in the lazy river and travel around by herself.  Caroline enjoyed sitting in the zero depth section and playing in the little fountains.  Steph, Geoff, and I were like little kids enjoying this adventure too.

On Saturday we headed back home and Steph and Geoff took Annie to Little Diggers, while Lauren had a friend over to play.  Steph and I got away for a little afternoon shopping trip.  Then it was church, dinner, more playtime, and a performance by Lauren and Annie before bed.


Aunt Stephie did such a great job of spending time equally with all three girls!

Lauren and Aunt Stephie had a sleepover in Lauren's room before the 6am alarm came way too quickly.  As we were driving Steph to the airport we both commented on how it felt like she just arrived.  What a wonderful time everyone had!  Everyone sure missed Aunt Stephie around here this past week, but I know we will all look back at her surprise trip with very fond memories.  Please come back again soon, Aunt Stephie!  


1 comment:

  1. I had such a great time visiting you guys!!!! It was the best weekend! I hope to come back soon!

    ReplyDelete