Mommy's first day of the 2009-2010 school year
WOW! What a crazy week we have just had. With another school year starting, we already knew last week was going to be hectic and difficult, but we had no idea just how difficult it was going to be. Many, many thanks go out to Grandma and Grandpa Hanson for coming to our rescue numerous times last week. School started for me last Monday and Geoff had to travel to LA last week for business. So, Grandma and Grandpa Hanson came in last Sunday evening and then spent all day Monday watching Lauren for us.
When I arrived home from work last Monday, Lauren felt really hot so I called the doctor and they said to bring her right in. Lauren and I had both been battling colds for a few days at this point, but her fever was a new symptom. The doctor said she didn't have any other symptoms besides a cold and fever so just use Tylenol to bring her fever down. However, she could not go to day care until her fever was gone for 24 hours. What was I to do now? Tuesday was only my second day back at work, Grandpa and Grandma Hanson went home, and Geoff was in LA. I ended up calling in sick to work on the second day. It was actually a blessing in disguise though, as I probably needed the day to get better myself. So when Lauren was napping, I rested on the couch. She still had a fever Tuesday evening and Wednesday was the first day back at school with students. Grandpa Hanson came to the rescue by driving all the way back over here to stay with Lauren all day Wednesday so I could go to work. Then, Geoff changed his flight home and took the red-eye back home Wednesday night arriving home at 6:30 Thursday morning to stay with Lauren all day Thursday. It sure does take a village to raise a child! Needless to say, this calm weekend we have had around home has been wonderful for all of us. Lauren and I are still getting over our colds, but her fever has been gone since Friday morning. Let's hope this week is less eventful than last week.
The Friday before school started we took Lauren to Kiddie Land which is a small amusement park for little ones. It's been around for over 90 years, but will close this year. We just had to take Lauren while it was still around.
Lauren and Mommy on the carousel.
I love this photo. It's as if Lauren is looking into Geoff's eyes saying, "Thanks so much for taking me on the Dumbo ride, Daddy! I am really excited to ride with you." Geoff looks just as excited to be riding with Lauren too.
Good thing Daddy baby-proofed the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment