Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fun in the bath


The Hansons are still adjusting to this new lifestyle. Geoff has been a great help by going grocery shopping, helping with Lauren in the early morning, and cleaning up after dinner. Lauren has been having some difficulties adjusting to her eating schedule at daycare. When she sees all the other little kids eating, she feels the need to eat as well. So Mariah (Lauren's daycare provider) has started giving Lauren cereal when the other kids eat breakfast and lunch. One of the biggest changes for me has been the limited amount of time I have to sit down in the evenings. For example, I just sat down as the clock struck 9pm.


Looks like I am not the only tired one!

I am also really enjoying teaching, but the emotional pull of working and everything that comes with being a mom is challenging. I worry about Lauren and hope she is having great times at daycare, while still trying to figure out the best schedule and plan for our family, as well as spending as much quality time with Lauren as possible.

Last Sunday Geoff and I were giving Lauren a bath and there were a few cute photo opportunities, so Geoff ran downstairs and grabbed the camera. The mohawk picture is for you, Uncle Jon!





Check out this bathing beauty! The suds look like Lauren has a boa around her neck.

5 comments:

  1. Cute pics! She's so adorable! Hang in there, Kate. The adjustment does take time, but be assured that Lauren is probably having a great time at day care & as important as you are to her, she probably isn't feeling any real anxiety about being away from you. At least, not compared to how you feel! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate! Great pictures! Bradlee relaxes like that in the tub, too! How are your towels working out? I agree with "Josh and Kate"...it takes some time getting used to having a little person to take care of (and then there's another little one!)...but trust me, putting her in daycare will be the best thing you'll ever do, especially at this young of an age! Tony and I don't regret it at ALL...it helped Emma so much, and is already doing wonders for Bradlee! I'm sure you know all this, being a teacher and all...but sometimes some reassurance from someone else probably helps, eh? Hope everything is going well and I REALLY hope to see you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the posts! For some reason, I'm having a hard time leaving comments so I apologize :) It sounds like I get to see the little peanut tomorrow though!! I can't wait...I'm sad I won't get to see you though. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a beautiful baby! from Jude's Grandma

    ReplyDelete