Lauren and I have been very busy these past few weeks. We continue to walk around the inside track at the Rec Center using the Baby Bjorn. It's amazing how many people talk to you when you have a baby. All of the kids smile and wave at Lauren, while all of the ladies want to know how old she is, what her name is, etc. Quite a few older men tease me about starting Lauren's workouts early. Not only am I able to get a workout in, but our walks have become a social hour as well.
Last week we visited with my friend Jillian and her daughter, London who is 16 months old. London kept waving to Lauren and just couldn't understand why Lauren couldn't move like she could. Lauren was amazed by London and couldn't take her eyes off her. Before we know it both little girls will be running around causing trouble together.
Lauren had her 4 month check-up last Friday. Dr. Siegel was very happy with her progress. She weighs 13 pounds and is 24.5 inches. After her check-up, Dr. Siegel left the room and we waited for the nurse to come back and administer Lauren's shots. However, Lauren was so cozy in the fuzzy blanket I had her wrapped up in that she fell asleep. Imagine waking up to someone giving you shots in both little legs. It was the first time I cried when Lauren cried. I felt so terrible for her. Her entire head turned red and she just screamed. Poor little thing. The shots gave Lauren her first fever last Friday night as well. Everything turned out fine, but Geoff and I were both very concerned for a few days.
Last Saturday was my first night without Lauren. Aunt Stephie and Uncle Jon were kind enough to watch Lauren overnight, so Geoff and I could celebrate our 6 year anniversary in the city. We had a great time and Lauren survived even though Aunt Stephie forgot to give Lauren one bottle! :)
Then, Geoff had to leave for a business trip Sunday afternoon through Monday night. Lauren was not happy that her Daddy wasn't home and decided to cry/scream on and off all night. The only way Lauren and I ended up sleeping was on the couch with me rubbing her tummy. After only one night of a crying baby, I just don't know how parents with colicky babies do it.
Lauren and I also visited Geoff at work and went to lunch with some of his colleagues a few days ago. Lots of fun up in Racine for the day.
Our new adventure has been going to music classes. There is a local child activity center in Highland Park called Sprouts. They have music, craft, and gym classes for children ages 4 months to 5 years. Lauren and I have been attending their 4-12 month music classes on Thursday afternoons. What fun! Lauren loves to shake the little maracas, play the little song games, and watch all of the other babies. I keep forgetting to bring the camera, but I promise pictures sometime.
I've been waiting for the updated post! It sounds like you guys have been very busy! As always, she looks like an absolute doll in the picture on this post :) Have fun on Sunday! Love you gusy :)
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear that everything is going so well for you guys! Are you going to go back to work this year? Any plans for a trip up to Rockford? I'd love to meet the little cutie! ~Kate
ReplyDelete